PASTA AND BEANS RECIPE
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 4 1/2 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste
- 1 cup(s) cannellini beans, rinsed
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 ounce(s) orecchiette, radiatore or other short pasta
- 1 pound(s) broccoli rabe, stem ends trimmed and cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 1/4 cup(s) freshly grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese
- Put a large pot of water on to boil for cooking pasta.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over low heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not colored, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, oregano and crushed red pepper; cover and increase heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes start to break down and release their juices, 5 to 10 minutes. Add beans, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in the boiling water for 4 minutes. Add broccoli rabe and cook until the pasta is just tender and the broccoli rabe is tender, 4 to 5 minutes more. Reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid, drain the pasta and broccoli rabe and place in a large bowl.
- Add the tomato mixture and the reserved cooking liquid; toss to coat. The dish should be slightly soupy. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.